GO GATORS!

Thursday, November 19, 2009

It's been 2 months since I have blogged. I have wanted to! Really I have. I just never allow myself the time. Heaven forbid something doesn't get tended to in a proper and sufficient time!!! hahahaha, Seriously?

Its been a busy couple of months with weddin's to do and baby showers for my Grandson.
(now that there sounds really good, don't it?)Now I am working on a decorating project at the church for a couple of weeks. But I just couldn't commit to 10 minutes to blog. I know its my fault and that we will always find time to do what ever we REALLY want to do! So I tell you now, I seriously, SERIOUSLY want to do better, seriously!! :-)

Tonight we went to our church for a viewing of our dear friend and Missions Pastor,Brother Gene Graves who passed away Tues. night from a batte with cancer of the gallbladder.I had just said monday that I wanted to go see him.I should have made the time, but I was told he was weak so I thought I would give a few days to get stronger. I should have gone to see him.I really love them, Gene& Debbie & the girls. Debbie is an amazing woman, too! What an awesome man and family. Gene was well over 6 ft tall and reminded me so much of my brother Gary who passed away from brain cancer. He had a sweet & kind spirit like Gary and he was soooo about his family and granchildren, Stone , River & Taylor. Gene loved Jesus and never would pass up an opportunity to share Jesus with you. When not on a mission trip to Honduras where he & debbie went at least a dozen times a year or more, he would be at church checking on how everyone was doing.He & Debbie raised their children in church and they are just a Jesus loving family. I know they will carry on Gene's legacy. Wow what an amazing man. What a great mentor to other men in our church. He accomplished alot in 52 years. I know without a doubt that Gene is in heaven and I am sure God was standing ther with his hand held out and said, "Well done my good and faithful servant".........WOW

No comments: