GO GATORS!

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Thank you notes are very thoughtful.

We get and send them for a multitude of reasons. I have a christian mentor friend who sends them for everything.We exchange Christmas gifts, I get a card. We exchange birthday gifts and lunches I get a card. I have tried to adopt this protocol in my life but I never want it to be a ritual or obligation. We really should thank folks for even the simpliest gestures because it is a blessing everytime someone extends their love to us. It should always be a gesture of the heart.

I often wonder how big would the card be that we would send to God to thank HIM for HIS son and the mercy and grace we receive everyday.I promise there's not one big enough!

I sometimes feel like there should be "something big" we could do for GOD! Truth is HE"S not into big.He just wants our love, trust and faith to mention a few. When I hear praise music at our church some of the songs are just so emotional that I just must get to my knees to praise him. I know I am blessed and I am so humbled by HIS awesomeness, grace & mercy HE shows me everyday. HE does all this yet I am not worthy.I must send him a "verbal card" everyday,right?


I spent some time today with a dear sister, Sue, and never are we together that we don't somehow share what the Lord has done for us. Acknowledging all our blessings is sweet music to Gods ears. Even when things sometimes seem imposible or in turmoil we should still thank HIM

because HE does have a plan for us. I sometimes feel inadequate to quote scriptures because I feel like its my own fault I don't know more than I do. But I do know to tell you about Jesus and how HE will change your life if you let HIM. I could never live without HIM! No never!!

Sue and I have a kindred spirit that we can spend months apart and see each other and just pick up like old times.She is such a great nurse that if I was sick I would want her to be my nurse!!

Wow, Mike and Sean & Shanna are truly blessed.She also tries to glorify God in her career.

I love that!! Just as Sue has the gift of nursing we all have own own gifts. Search for your own gift and use it to glorify God. He will reward your obedience.


Its late and I better close.....

I've got Thank You notes to write and Thank You prayers to pray.

"Say goodnight Chet"

"Goodnight Walter"

2 comments:

debseveryday said...

okay lovey...I added you to my blog list so you have to add me :) glad to see you're giving blogging another try!

"Virtuous Wannabe" said...

Great Blog post, not sure who this Sue is that you are talking about...Wow! You gave me way too much credit...but about the kindred spirit thing, you are exactly right. I thank God for you! This was a meaty post....you are so right, God is not into big...made me think about the widow who was willing to give all she has. This is what has been on my heart lately, I want to be willing to give all I have if it's required....
Boy, does God have alot of work to do in me or what! I love your post!