GO GATORS!

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

I have been wanting to learn this"bloggin" stuff for some time now but never would make the time to do it, even though it IS my hearts desire. I felt like it would take away from some
responsibility, obligation, chore that I have and my wants/needs were less important.
Besides at my age learning this stuff is somewhat intimadating and nerve racking(is that a word?) but i DO want to do it!!!Especially now.I'll explain later. My precious friend Sue has been guiding me through this and she is so patient with me that I could cry with gratitude. I pray this time I will make the commitment daily to do this. I know, I know I deserve it, but there's alot of responsibility on my shoulders these days. I will train myself to have fun again.Life is precious and tomorrow may never come, right? It's funny how I can paint a whole house 14rooms, tear electrical boxes out and replace them,install light fixtures, hang wallpaper, refinish furniture, hang trim & molding, organize wedings, make bridal bouquets & boots, host parties and family dinners, volunteer, but I let this "lack of knowledge" of computer operations control me!!
God has not given me a spirit of fear so why do I allow it to dominate me here? Well, Praise God, I am going to change my spirit(with HIS help) and tackle this greeneyed monster. I know my children will be proud too . It's embarassing to telll them I DON"T KNOW HOW!!( I know how to do alot of stuff to be a girl and I rarely have to hire anything done because of my vast knowledge! haha.)So please put me on your refridgerator door prayer list that I successfully
master this task for myself! I will glorify the Lord with this blog! :-)

Now for my wonderful news.
On May 6, 2009 my childern called to ask me when I come to Nashville would I like to join a club?( I immediately thought,"They are into Amway",and ofcourse I will sign up, anything for my kids) I replied" sure" and then Missy said, well its a grandmothers club!
FOLKS!!! I was in the WinnDixie and I dropped my keys and bread and grabbed hold of a pole and shouted"YOU ARE KIDDING ME?" I went all over the store telling everyone I saw my wonderful news and how faithful GOD is that he would bless us all in the wonderful, wonderful way! I have to confess that I am still in shock somewhat ! I am happy to get to be a yaya(my grandmother name) but I am overjoyed that GOD chose to bless my children in this way. There was a period in their lives that we weren't sure if this would ever happen and my heart wept for them. It's hard as a moma when you can't fix your childrens broken heart. You're just helpless.
But God in his wisdom knows best and what we didn't know is that HE wasn't saying no, just not now. We can truly see how God has had his hand in this all along . We had to trust that He always knows best.

Missy has asked me if I have told many people?
I replied,"Only my top 50 Friends!"
I bragged on God sunday night at church as I announced my yayahood!!
I put a sign in my yard!!
Hey, I considered the local paper(that would have been too much, right??,ok, i'll cancel it)

I want to be a good yaya. The old fashioned kind like I had where mamaw was always sewing or giving or cooking or loving us and you really were never in a hurry to leave......:-)
Clayton is excited about being a papa. He is so good with children that they just love and cling to him.You can see it in the neices and nephews. I think its because of his childlike spirit and gentleness.

I really need to close for now even though I don't want to my eyes are tired and its late but i am so grateful to you Sue Combs for taking the time to show me how to do this.
"I love ya more than my luggage"

If you don't have a refrigerator prayer list , try it sometime.:-)
Everytime you pass by you will call to mind those on the list and say a prayer for them.
Gosh, you could be prayed for a zillion times at my house cause the fridges at the back door!

Missy's blog for the baby is on my blog if you want to follow it.
It's the big adventures of Lil Duck. See in the Knight family Missy is known as Aunt Missy Duk and Donald is Uncle Donald Duk so it only seemed right that for now little bit is Lil duck, right?
Its sweet. I think you will enjoy it!

"Say goodnight Chet"
"Goodnight Walter"

4 comments:

Missyduck said...

Yea Momma!! I mean, yea Yaya!! I'm so proud of you!! I love love love the blog - it is so you.... I'm so glad that Sue was able to help you with it. Can't wait to see what new adventures YOU blog about! Love you!!!

"Virtuous Wannabe" said...

Donna, I love your post! It touched my heart in ways you can't imagine because it was so humble and honest and heartfelt! I am so incredibly proud of you...I know it is not like you to rest (you are a Martha and I'm a Mary)....there is good and bad in both. I know God is going to bless you for just taking time to be still and meditate on God and what He is doing around you. I just got off the phone with Clayton, he told me you were taking advantage of the rain and resting a little, I about fell over...you feel inept because you don't know computers and I feel inept because I know nothing about decorating or fixing a home (so let's share our knowledge and quit bellyaching about what we CAN'T do). I love you and am so happy about your future grandbaby and I just know you will be a great Yaya!

martha stewart impersonator said...

thanks ladies
yaya

Missyduck said...

Oh and btw (that means by the way in text-talk) Donald and I are called Uncle Duck and Missyduck. Long story - for another blogging day, of course!! =o)